Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Heartbroken from Half a World Away



Pikes Peak Mine, 29 miners trapped and now presumed dead after two huge explosions.

The little nation of New Zealand in mourning, our biggest national disaster since Erebus. I am just absolutely heartbroken about this tragedy. And although I am here, far away from home, I still feel so part of it and so so sad for all those involved, and even those who are in NZ. When something happens to NZ, everyone groups together to pull through. I suppose it comes with having such a small population, and the strong bond that most kiwis possess.

Although I am here, half a world away from this, it has still touched my heart and I pray for all those who have been affected by this.

Denmark has an important place in my heart, but New Zealand is still my home.

See you soon Aotearoa

x

No comments:

Post a Comment