Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adulthood, tough world.

So here I am. A more mature Lucy, being 18 and all. YEAH RIGHT. I may now be an adult under the eyes of the law but cmon, its me...will I ever really grow up?

Last Sunday was the big day and it was the best birthday ever. I have the most amazing friends and family both at home in Denmark and New Zealand. What a lucky kid.

So one of my best ever friends Devika just happened to rock on over half the universe to come see me for my birthday weekend. Ok so after not seeing someone for 8 months straight, your imagination wanders in the hours prior to seeing them in the flesh. Have they changed? If so how so? Will they see me differently?

A million questions and curiosities go through an already troubled teenaged mind.

But after a chaotic mess up with the ridiculous public transport and going to Kolding for no reason, I met up with Devika in Vejle and ran up and hugged her for about 10 minutes. Not being able to believe it was her, here, in Denmark.

So on Friday we just caught up on 8 months of life. Quite an epic task I have to say but it was like we never left each other, what best friends are like right? It was so nice to see her though, hearing stories about NZ and Marsden just made me laugh. I feel so weird that life has continued there while I am here doing something completely different.

The next day we went and had a little look around my lovely town of Fred.













We met up with Ellie and Catherine too, and so naturally we had a feast on the side of the road. Hygge times!

Then twas time for a family birthday celebration at my last host familys house in Middelfart, Kirsten and Andreas also had had birthdays that week so family came from all over Denmark to celebrate! SO nice to have the family all around, I have gotten to know them all so it was like a good old Olsen-McLeod Birthday shindig back home. We ate lots which was nom a nom then went blackberry and mushroom picking, så sjovt og solen skinnede.






Birthday celebrations continued. I was surrounded with the coolest people all weekend, so lucky. Elsker jer så maaal!





Sunday, the big day! I finally turned the big 1-8....a strange feeling but then I could have felt the same as a 17 year old.

Thanks so much to everyone who sent me messages and gifts, my awesome Danish homemade thank you notes are coming your way...once i can afford stamps.

Okay so my last host brother and best friend Andreas is awesome, and loves to fill in his days at school with writing six word stories so here are some examples.

Limitless passion. Limited compromise. No regrets.

Scared as hell. Did it anyway.

Riptide of depression pulling me deeper

Eat nothing. Look thin. Feel fat.

She's his love; he's her wallet.

Personality found in bottle of Scotch.

Rejected by peers. Accepted by cat.

Under the covers, over the monsters


Talent? Maybe...or just a hint of a not-too-far-away mental breakdown. Love ya bro!

Okay so too tired to write anymore after this Lord of The Rings Battle sized post....so here are some random as pics to entertain.







Ok so these pics are a mix....Our funny class photo was like a nude fest. Of course it was just a joke but it was pretty effective no? I love that I am just a sheep named Lucy. Tak klasse!

Oh and my jandal cookie, thanks Caroline! Was yums.






Thanks for the YumYum noodles Maksim! They were spicy as, slightly painful. Men tak russian one.

Oh and my noticeboards in my room are epic...see if you can spot something from you, if not fix it and hit me up.

Enough from me.

LONDON on Sunday at 3am. Well keen.

Lucy in her pjs

x

No comments:

Post a Comment