Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I dreamed a dream...


As much as I love channeling Susan Boyle, this is in no way a reference to her. Just to make it clear. No this is about what I dream about, what I love, my passion. Design and most of all Danish design, good thing I am here for the year then isn't it?

I was just abusing google in the hopes of finding something interesting and I came across some information on Copenhagen Design Week August 27th-September 6th. Would I kill to go there? Indeed I would. It would be my dream to see first hand the thing I have for so long loved. I am getting giddy just writing about it. But there is a small thing called school which is in the way of this splendid idea, but we can sort that out later.....

All of this sudden outburst about design came about as tomorrow I am off to Copenhagen for a few days with my councillor and I will be visiting the famous Louisiana Modern Art museum as well as the Danish Design Centre. I am so excited! If you cannot already tell by my suave tone.

Then after all of this excitement we are just casually driving to Sweden over the amazing Oresund bridge. I have watched many documentaries on National Geographic channel (best thing ever) so it will be amazing to see it and drive over it TO ANOTHER COUNTRY. Sweden here I come.

After that rant, here are some pics of what I have been up to the last week or so.

We had an awesome bonfire dinner with bread, sausages and marshmallows mmm

It was with my host Mum's nieces and nephew, it was so hygge :)

We went to an arts and crafts market at Middelfart waterfront

You can just see the new bridge from Middelfart station

Old Railway bridge

New bridge


Summer....


I am all set for the holidays! Colouring in books.....

So it has been a lovely last few days with picnics by the beach. relaxing and biking the 23km round trip to Fredericia.

I look forward to the coming days with a design overload looking very exciting!

Be. Jealous hehehe

Oh and if anyone wants to donate to the 'Lucy wants to invest in a Danish Design icon before she leaves Denmark', please feel free...

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment