Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home Alone.




Ok so I began with a lie, I am actually not home alone, but I was a tad uninspired as what to name this post so I took inspiration from the movie Home Alone (the best movie ever) which I watched last night.

I have again found myself to be a busy, slightly chaotic mess (in a good way of course). So I am just taking these few spare moments to update you on my hilariously slightly crazy life in the land where Vikings rule.

Amazingly, summer is still here. It has been so hot it is nearly unbearable. About 30 degrees everyday and the sun is shining. I looked up the temperatures the other day in Middelfart then Wellington, 30 degrees here and 3 in Wellington, this search was followed by a smirk....

This week I was in Vejle, a small city about 10 minutes by train north of Fredericia to see some of my exchange student friends. It was a bit of a mission as I rode my bike to the station in Middelfart, then took a train to Fredericia, met Catherine then took another train to Vejle. Small mission but all worth it as we had a great day shopping, eating and catching up.

Ellie, Catherine and I

10 seconds after we were served nachos, GONE

Shopping, cool rug huh?

Best friends :)

You may not be able to see or understand this but it says 'varme drikke med hygge i' which means warm drinks with 'cosy' in. Thought it was cute! Love the hygge...

The next day I had a Rotary meeting but as it was summer and everyone is away and or busy, it was just a casual dinner at someone's house. This time it was at Ulla's who will be my 3rd host mum! So sweet.



Me having a blast!

Catherine came too (of course hehe)

I was lucky enough to be invited by a girl from my class to her summer house on Denmark's west coast the other day. It was so much fun as it was with another girl from our class and the rest of the family. It was in Blaavand which is a super cute seaside town with shops and the best candy store ever. I was happy! We went to the beach on the second day as the first day, ironically it was raining.

Me, Nanna and AK

Blaavand

That's right, we drove the mustang to the beach!

Hehe unfortunate angle? It looks like Kapiti beach in a way I thought..

We. Found. Fish and Chips. Dream realised.

A bad fart in Middelfart? How ironic

Oh and would you like your fartplan?
Middelfart....

Again, looking over to Jylland

At Skrillinge beach


Crab fishing, I totally caught one.


Oh hey police


It was a great weekend with amazing hot weather. Love summer.

This week I am off to Copenhagen and then to Sweden casually for the afternoon, so excited!

Bye kids

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment