Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Love Life


Loving life is so important and at the moment I have been wanting to make the most of every moment I am given. We are taught that life is short, so make the most of it. Even when things get you down, you have to find the positive side. You have to make yourself better when you are upset, turn the bad into good and make yourself better everyday. Exchange makes you reflect so much, you are constantly thinking about every emotion under the sun. It's like a year of being in therapy but you are alone. Apart from the amazing families you are part of, the sweet Danish people you love and other exchange students of course :).

Photos of the last month or so, trying to enjoy every minute here in Denmark.

Old town Haderslev

Me, Laura and Jacob enjoying the beach, so cold . .



The exchange student family of district 1460. Jeg elsker jer!

Laerke and Zenta. Haha cutest dog ever!



View from our house on a nice summers day

Laerke being . . suggestive?

Summer.


Day in Odense to say our goodbyes . .

A spontaneous trip to have Catherine and my eyelashes tinted. I am pretty sure i am Lady Gaga in this photo . .

Odense.

My soon-to-be new home town.

Fun times with the Danish train system. The people you find on platforms . .

Friends :)

11pm, the sky is on fire.

Sewing day at mine. Make the most of each piece of clothing you own right?


Love. "I am not used to it, my parents are divorced!".

Sailing with my amazing family.







Nanna and I on the old Lillbaelt bridge from Jylland to Fyn, we biked 30km or so that day . .

Laerke and I on our way to Middelfart for ice cream.

Catherine on the side of the road . . as usual

Me + cookies = life.

Did I mention i fell off my bike and was eaten alive by the road?

So I have been up to many crazy and exciting things over the last few weeks. Summer is here, it was about 25 degrees today, nearly began complaining of the heat but then I took it back before the words slipped out of my mouth. I wouldn't want to jinx the amazing weather now would I?

Tomorrow, the beginning of the end. My time here at the Sorensen's is nearly up. Thursday 8pm I'll be moving (along with 10 trucks filled with my stuff) to Middelfart on Fyn. Yes, a different island, a different city with a legendary name.

I will be so sad as I say goodbye to Gitte, Ib, Laerke, Nanna and of course the dog Zenta as they have been the BEST family ever. I have felt so part of their family and loved every minute of it. Tusind tusind tusind tak! Come to NZ whenever you want, there is always a place for you at my house - just let Mum know first :)

But a goodbye is not goodbye forever, I will be sure to come and visit, baking in hand. Not Marmite I promise . .

Lucy - loving life

x


1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you've been there 5 months already!! BTW you are WAY prettier than that dreadful Lady Gaga!! We love keeping up with your adventures and reading the blog - great pictures. We are in Florida enjoying the sunshine - unfortunately all got sunburned our first day here, I should know better. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete