Friday, May 14, 2010

Childhood comes to life.



We all did it. Spent hours and hours building the best, most amazing lego and duplo houses. Well I was one of those overly keen kids who lived for Duplo and Lego so when I heard that my family were taking me to Legoland, I was reverted to my childhood mannerisms and went crazy. I was so excited, I had to keep reminding myself I was 17 and not 5.

So Legoland is in Billund which is about an hours drive north of Fredericia, it's also where I landed in Denmark (seems like years ago!). So Gitte, Laerke, Nanna and I piled into the car and headed north. Being me, I had a little sleep on the drive up but awoke suddenly when we arrived and the huge LEGOLAND sign came into view.

Entrance

We began our 'adventure' with walking through all of the amazing lego-made cities and famous sights such as Nyhavn Canal, Amalienborg Palace, Hollywood and many more. They were so much bigger than I expected and the detail was amazing. Whoever made them had some mad skills!

I even got to meet H.C. Andersen!

That castle in Germany that starts with N (?)

Amalienborg

Nyhavn Canal

Then it was time for the EXTREME CRAZY OVER THE TOP WILD RIDES . . made for 5 year olds. However I still found all of them very fun, there were a few rides where I actually sensed a hint of being afraid . . such as the power builder I think it is called. A robotic arm which throws you every which way, I was honestly nearly sick! Here are some pics from the rest of the day.


Laerke and Nanna on an 'extreme' safari ride
!
Haha I love this nearly nude lego man!

Even the rubbish bins are cool

For my Dad . . It was also Ferrari Day at Legoland


So tall . .

Me, Nanna, Laerke and Gitte on a scary log ride!

Nanna with the creepy lion

Nice killer bunny we came across as we left


Icon of Denmark.

I had such an amazing day so tusind tak familie! I just felt like a big child and my memories of me building lego and duplo houses came rushing back.

I bought a few gifts as you cannot go to Legoland and not buy any lego (should be a crime if you don't!) and I bought THE most amazing lunch box known to man. Plus it has Lucy engraved on it - perfect.


Look how cool it is!!!

This past week I have been free from school as they have had this dreadful assignment which lasts the entire week so I had a nice wee holiday. I still found myself being very busy (typical huh?) as I went shopping in Fredericia and Herning with some exchange friends and then have been going to the gym to prevent obesity coming on. Whilst I was shopping with catherine in Fredericia, we got some free Danish flags as a new supermarket opened (flags are at every event possible I tell you!). So we took our flags and took some pics in Fred's main and most picturesque square.



Epic fail when I tried to jump . .



I even found a travel book on NZ!

Just settling down for a nice weekend. Seeing 'Dear John' with my school friends and then preparing a typical New Zealand meal for my family on Sunday! Any suggestions??

Eurotour - 6 days.

Lucy x

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! The girls made me enlarge them all - the Lego is amazing!! We miss you. xx

    ReplyDelete